- Inside Pitch is excited to announce the latest addition to our team. Please Welcome Kayla Struiksma. Kayla is now available for fastpitch lessons. She will offer all facets of the game including pitching.
Kayla Struiksma (Pronounced strikes-ma) was born and raised in Everson, WA. She attended school at Nooksack valley and was apart of their fastpitch program from 3rd grade until graduating in 2014. After being involved in Nooksack Valley's fastpitch program, Kayla grew a love for pitching at an early age and excelled quickly. Quitting all other sports to mainly focus on fastpitch was the easiest decision she would ever make.
Kayla was honored to be the starting varsity pitcher for Nooksack throughout her high school career. She trained year round, played on multiple travel teams, and traveled thousands of miles cross country to try to gain exposure and to make a name for herself. To gain more exposure, she signed up for a recruiting website. Brandon Hundt with Inside Pitch, filmed and put together her recruiting viedo. She gained lots of exposure and got in contact with multiple coach's. During Kayla's senior year in 2014 she was offered a scholarship to play at Mayville State University in North Dakota. Shortly after signing her letter of intent, Kayla had a career ending shoulder injury and was devesated knowing her dreams to make a name for herself had come to an end.
Three shoulder surgeries later, Kayla realized she may never be able to play again. Knowing this, she wanted to still be involved with fastpitch. Kayla was an assistant coach for Noooksack Valley Middle school, Avalanche Travel Team, and has been a private pitching, fielding, and hitting coach for the last three years.
Kayla is excited to pass her knowledge of the game down to the young ladies that want to prosper and accomplish their dreams.
- ARM DAYYY!
I got this workout in right before work so I used supersets to save time. Full workout below🙌🏻 I’m working with @kbolt33 and Brandon Hundt at @inside.pitch to get y’all some options for private and small group training sessions with yours truly😄
Being strong will only make you a better athlete. I can help prepare your body to compete at high levels.
DISCLAIMER: I wouldn’t prescribe this workout to one of my baseball players. The salmon ladder pull-ups put a lot of stress on the shoulder. You can see in my last rep how I catch myself fully reached out with a relaxed shoulder complex. This suggests that the bigger muscles are relaxed, therefore putting added strain on the rotator cuff. Also, if you’re an athlete it really doesn’t make sense to isolate muscles. At no point in competition is a single muscle being used.
However, this guy🙋🏼♂️ is done playing ball and just wants his arms to grow💪🏼 Warm Up - 4 minute Jump rope
Bulgarian Lunge: 3x8 each leg (60 second Recovery)
1a - handstand push-ups: 2 x 5
1b - salmon laderish pull-ups: 2 x 5 (120 second recovery)
2a - TRX bicep curls: 3 x 10
2b - TRX tricep extensions: 3 x 10
(60 second recovery)
3a - barbell curls: 3 x 15
3b - Cable Tricep extensions: 3 x 15 (60 second recovery)
4a - banded bicep Curls: 3 x 20
4b - banded Tricep Extensions: 3 x 20 (60 second recovery)
#baseball #strength #power #conditioning #batflip #bomb #tank #battricks #insidepitch #education #coachfrosty #train #develop #evolve #swing #workout #exercise #hittinglessons #pitchinglessons #personaltraining #fitness #fitfam #grind
- Yesterday I got in some hitting but one thing I found with my swing was on the inside pitch my hands were drifting in front of the barrel too much, which caused me to be late to the ball. So, in these videos I was working on getting my hips through and whipping the barrel through the zone to catch that inside pitch out in front of the plate. #baseball #softball #pgf #insidepitch #cages
- Jett is dreaming of sunshine and fresh cut grass; dirt on your pants, sunflower seeds and bubble gum, running so fast your helmet comes off, throwing the perfect relay. He doesn't know it yet but he will soon enough. @inside.pitch will have to do for now.
- @joziah_mccloud getting some video work in with Coach @hirschkornfit . This kid is a prime example of just loving the game and wanting to work hard. We see him almost every day, some times at 5am before school. Effort is one of the controllable& #39;s that requires not talent. Get after it this week ya& #39;ll !
- @joziah_mccloud getting some video work in with Coach @hirschkornfit . This kid is a prime example of just loving the game and wanting to work hard. We see him almost every day, some times at 5am before school. Effort is one of the controllable's that requires not talent. Get after it this week ya'll!
- #LastNight @gamersonlytraining @kjcampos_lefty888 getting some great #training from @toptier_ty on #thebump! He loves #pitching! Working hard to get better! #Lefty working the #InsidePitch #InYourKitchen #KneeBucklers #CaughtHimLooking #TrainMorePlayLess #WorkHardEveryDay trying to increase that #velo and learn how to #Paint like #Picaso! ⚾️🎨😎 and most importantly #HavingFun! #GoodTimes #YouthBaseball #TravelBall #SoCalBaseball #AdidasBaseball #ThreeStripeLife
- Turn momentum into rotational power by driving force into into the ground with the front leg.
Schedule a lesson with me at @inside.pitch to learn how to maximize power and efficiency (aka drop BOMBS). Link to the website is in my bio.